Please feel free to browse through my qualifications and related experience. I have been involved in public sector management for several years and understand that successful leadership requires the ability to balance an expertise in operational procedures with interpersonal skills. I am confident in my ability to effectively manage administrative functions and to foster internal/external relationships.
— Blaine Lucas, AEMCA, CMM III, B.A., M.P.A.
I have acquired experience with human resource management, strategic planning and program development in the private, municipal and provincial sectors. I have functioned in a management capacity with municipal paramedic operations in Durham Region, Niagara Region, County of Oxford & the City of Hamilton. In the EMS profession, my responsibilities have included the administration of operations, labour relations, continuous quality improvement, quality assurance, procurement, recruitment, paramedic education and pre-hospital research.
In addition, I have experience with the management of a provincial law enforcement agency and the reporting requirements of senior government officials. I am fully conversant with project management activities and possess the following to qualifications and experience:
- Master of Public Administration - University of Western Ontario
- Diploma in Human Resource Management - McMaster University (canidate 2015)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Social Science - University of Windsor
- Certificate in Criminology & Criminal Justice - University of Windsor
- Certified Municipal Manager III - Ontario Municipal Management Institute
- EMS Executive Designation - Ontario Association of Paramedic Chiefs
- Progressive public sector management experience (15 years)
- Expertise in continuous quality improvement & quality assurance initiatives
- Knowledge of educational program development, implementation & monitoring
- Emergency management credentials
I am dedicated to public administration, human resource practices and paramedic service leadership with a focus on collaboration and process improvement.