Please feel free to browse through my qualifications and related experience. I have been involved in public sector management for several years and understand that successful leadership requires the ability to balance an expertise in operational procedures with interpersonal skills. I am confident in my ability to effectively manage administrative functions and to foster internal/external relationships.
— Blaine Lucas, AEMCA, CMM III, B.A., M.P.A.
I have excutive-level experience in the public sector and knowledge of municipal/provincial business operations. I understand that transformational and collaborative leadership requires the ability to balance administrative functions, stakeholder engagement and strategic thinking. I have acquired experience with human resource management, strategic planning and program development in the private, municipal and provincial sectors. I have functioned in a management capacity in Durham Region, Niagara Region, Ontario Ministry of the Environment, County of Oxford, City of Hamilton, Town of Milton & the City of Toronto. In the municipal sector, my responsibilities have included the administration of operations, labour relations, peformance evaluation, continuous quality improvement, investigative best practice, regulatory compliance, logistics and budget development.
In addition, I have experience with the management of law enforcement agencies in both the municipal & provincial sectors. I understand the importance of regulatory frameworks and believe in open, transparent & responsive government operations. I am fully conversant with project management activities and possess the following qualifications:
- Master of Public Administration - University of Western Ontario
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Social Science - University of Windsor
- Certificate in Criminology & Criminal Justice - University of Windsor
- Certified Municipal Manager III - Ontario Municipal Management Institute
- Executive Designation - Ontario Municipal Management Institute
- Progressive public sector management experience (20 years)
- Expertise in continuous quality improvement & quality assurance initiatives
- Knowledge of educational program development, facilitation & monitoring
I am a dedicated to human resource best practices, regulatory compliance, health care, quality improvement and open/transparent government.